Follow Us on Social Media

Friday, July 31, 2015

A Whole New World by Liz Braswell

What if it were Jafar who summoned the genie? What if he became the new sultan, was granted a great power no one else could surpass and took complete control of the city of Agrabah?

A new twist on a Disney favorite.  I will say that it has been many many years since I saw the Disney movie Aladdin so I do not recall the details of the movie but I do recall the story.  In A Whole New World we meet our lovable street rat Aladdin.  Our favorite their with a moral compass.

The book is an action adventure fairy tale that gives us a bit of back story on Aladdin.  The story takes a turn from the Disney movie when it is Jafar who gets his hands on the lamp and gets control of the genie.

The story mores at a steady pace.  There were times when I felt it was dragging a bit but it soon picked up the pace.  Watching Jafar and his evil wishes gave the story the dark and creepy feeling you would expect.  I loved the secondary characters and wished I had been given more back story on them.
I enjoyed this twisted tale and would recommend it to someone who likes a new take on an old favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment