Follow Us on Social Media

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

One word review....WOW.

Word number two.... uggggg CLIFFHANGERish. Which isn't a really a word.
I remember vaguely when this book first came out in the beginning of 2012.  I found the cover intriguing.  I am a sucker for a fairly tale retelling but for some reason every time I picked this book up, I put it back down.  I like dystopian fiction and cyborgs and science fiction I just didn't think I would like them all together.  Boy was I wrong.  Cinder is an engaging and magical story about a cyborg mechanic.  While the story is familiar, Marissa Meyer puts enough twist into it to make it her own.  I highly recommend this story to readers who like fairy tales with a twist.  It is the first book in the Lunar Chronicles Series and I will be reading book two very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment