Follow Us on Social Media

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Humans of New York Stories by Brandon Stanton

Let me start by stating that I love the Humans of New York Facebook page.  I discovered it about a year and a half ago and thought that it was a great concept and use of Facebook.  Sometimes I wonder what the purpose of Facebook really is... but I digress.
I picked up the Human of New York Stories book because I was interested in how it would translate into a book.  I think the photographs are beautiful and each caption whether one sentence or paragraphs long gives a little bit of a persons essence.  I am surprised though that I missed the comments that I usually scroll through on Facebook.  I find that the comments add more to the humanity depicted in the post.  Which is rather unusual because it is usually the exact opposite--comments in my opinion have brought out a darker side to people.  HONY-Stories was a quick and enjoyable read and I am glad that I did, but I am really happy that I can get a little taste each day online.

No comments:

Post a Comment