Follow Us on Social Media

Monday, October 26, 2015

Legend by Marie Lu

So I have been on an end of the world kick/Dystopian novel kick for the last couple of years.  I have tried to read a variety of these types of books and usually I just love them.  You will probably see many more reviews for this genre throughout the blog so I like to think I know a bit about the genre.
With that said let me talk about Legend.  I wanted to read this books when it first came out but for some reason I just never got around to it.  Not really sure why but it was always on my to read list but other books always called louder to me.
This is the first book in a series and I think this book will be the only one in the series I read.  I wanted to love it, then I wanted to like it.  I felt neither.  I didn't even hate it.  I just wanted to finish it.  I kept giving it another chance hoping there would be something to pull me to it.
While I know dystopian novels and science fiction genre are not realistic they should make you believe that they could be.  I am not sure if it was the story line or the charterers but I just didn't care enough about either to believe in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment