Follow Us on Social Media

Friday, October 9, 2015

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Sorry I haven't reviewed this past September but it was a pretty busy month getting acclimated in the new school.  But I am back now and hopefully will be able to post at least two reviews a month.

So lets get on with it.  I think I posted preciously about starting this series.  I was a bit reluctant, because while I love fairy tales and I love novelization of fairy tales I wasn't sure if I was going to love the novelization and scifi version of fairy tales.  Well quick answer is I do love them.

Scarlet is book two of the Lunar Chronicles.  A feisty, hot-tempered red head.  And while a bit stero-typical it fits her well. Scarlet is passionate and hard-working and will stick up for the underdog.  Then there is Wolf.  Is he truly evil?  Or does he want to help Scarlet and her quest to find her grandmother.

Marissa Meyer takes elements of the Little Red Riding Hood tale and makes them her own.  Intertwining them with Cinders story.  I highly recommend this series.  It is exciting and fun.  Filled with humor, action, adventure and even romance.  There is something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment